This Filler Claims To Cure Acne Scars – But Is It Legit?

Acne is something that plagues many kids entering puberty well into their teens. As individuals grow older most will outgrow the acne, but there is something that will stay with them, the scars that acne left behind. These types of scars can make someone feel subconscious about their overall appearance especially when located on the face. In recent years filler injections have been used as a way to reduce the appearance of these types of scars or eliminate them completely. One such type of filler that has actually been approved by the FDA for being effective in combating acne scars is Bellafill. But does this new treatment for acne scars really work and is it worth the money that individuals pay out to have it done? Before answering that question let’s go into exactly what Bellafill is and who created this product.

What Is Bellafill?

Bellafill is an injectable gel made out of two ingredients. The first one ingredient is collagen which makes up around 80% of the product and is clinically proven to diminish the signs of scars and lifts the skin to give it more of a healthy glow. The other ingredient that makes up about 20% of Bellafill is polymethylmethacrylate which is abbreviated PMMA; this one is an acrylic which has been proven to help provide more protein to the body which benefits the skin. Suneva Medical Inc. the company that put out Bellafill stands by the effectiveness of their product and is proud that is the only one approved by the FDA to treat acne scars but again does Bellafill work for everyone and is it completely safe.

Bellafill’s Effectiveness and Whether It’s for Everyone

First, it’s important to point out that Bellafill is not for everyone. In order to have these fill-ins done someone must be at least 21 years of age. Second, before injections are done individuals fill out a questionnaire about their medical history and about any pre-existing conditions. Another precaution is that a skin test is done that takes place up to four weeks before the procedure to ensure that individuals won’t have an allergic reaction to the ingredients in Bellafill. One more thing to keep in mind is that Bellafill, unlike some other treatments, is ideal for all skin types but it is not appropriate for all acne scars. There will be other risks to take into to consideration as well such a bruising of the area where the injections occur. As for whether it works, there are many glowing reviews about Bellafill found online saying that it has indeed helped with acne scarring and because it can’t be stressed enough this is the only treatment approved by the FDA. So, in answer to the question does Bellafill work, it works as well as some other treatments if not better given the glowing recommendations it has received.